WASHINGTON, DC USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE -- SEPTEMBER 12, 2022: Registration is now open for the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)'s 2022 Annual Meeting, a free, virtual event running October 26-27 that brings together patients and caregivers, researchers, healthcare experts, thought leaders, patient advocates and the larger healthcare community to highlight results from PCORI-funded studies and explore how to advance patient-centered outcomes research and comparative clinical effectiveness research.
The dynamic healthcare leaders presenting during the meeting include:
- KEYNOTE: Kirsten Bibbins-Domingo, Ph.D., M.D., MAS, editor-in-chief of the Journal of the American Medical Association, who will share her experience and expertise with research that engages patients and communities, including those traditionally underrepresented in healthcare research
- KEYNOTE: Ashley Valentine, MRes, co-founder and president, Sick Cells, who will share her experience as a patient advocate in the rare disease community and how this experience shaped her approach to patient engagement and patient community involvement in research
- Nakela L. Cook, M.D, M.P.H., executive director of PCORI, who will discuss PCORI's newly approved Strategic Plan and as well as moderate a plenary session on health inequities underscored by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Nadine Gracia, M.D., MSCE, president and chief executive officer of Trust for America's Health, who will present in a discussion about community-partnered strategies in research to address the social determinants of chronic disease
- Mandy Cohen, M.D., M.P.H., executive vice president and chief executive officer of Aledade Care Solutions, who will speak about her experience leading North Carolina's COVID-19 response as former secretary for the state's Department of Health and Human Services
Sessions Delve into Health Equity, COVID-19, and Timely Topics of PCORI-Funded Research
Equity in health and healthcare research will be front and center at this year's virtual convening. One plenary session will highlight the inequitable toll of the COVID-19 pandemic and the efforts made to respond to those inequities, with presenters sharing their experience working with communities and stakeholders to implement COVID-19 interventions amid an evolving understanding of the virus.
A second plenary session will delve into social determinants of health as they relate to chronic disease. Experts will discuss representing a community's health and equity interests in research; historical, structural and institutional barriers that drive disparities in chronic disease outcomes; and the importance of integrating medical and social services to more fully address patients' needs.
Tune in to hear these sessions as well as keynote addresses by Bibbins-Domingo and Valentine and 12 breakout sessions covering a range of topics, including strategies to reduce maternal health inequities, updates on PCORI-funded research to improve transitions to adulthood for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and results from PCORI-funded COVID-related research and engagement projects.
A full list of speakers and the event agenda are available on the 2022 PCORI Annual Meeting website.
PCORI's Annual Meeting is free and open to all members of the public.
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is an independent nonprofit organization authorized by Congress in 2010. Its mission is to fund research that will provide patients, their caregivers and clinicians with the evidence-based information needed to make better-informed healthcare decisions. PCORI is committed to continuously seeking input from a broad range of stakeholders to guide its work.
FOR E-MAIL ADDRESS CHANGE, ADD OR DELETE REQUESTS:
For changes or additions, please email your request to: listmgr@HealthCareUpdateNewsService.com.
For removal of your e-mail address, please click the "SafeUnsubscribe" link located in the footer of this message below to automatically remove your address from the list.