WASHINGTON DC USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE -- JUNE 15, 2017: Recent HIPAA cases evidence that comprehensive audit controls and the minimum necessary standard are needed to keep data secure. Recently a dental hygienist was sentenced following charges of healthcare fraud and aggravated identity theft. Trial evidence indicated that the hygienist was working to defraud healthcare benefits programs, including Medicare, between January 1, 2010, and December 31, 2013 in Idaho. Also a former Tufts Health Plan employee was sentenced toward the end of May 2017 for stealing patientsí personal identifying information.
HIPAA PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS:
The HIPAA Academy has trained over 18,000 professionals and is today the gold standard in the industry for HIPAA Training and certification. HIPAA Academy also delivers solutions in the areas of healthcare Professional Services, HIPAA Advisory Services, HIPAA Risk Analysis, Contingency planning, Security Policy development, Audit and Evaluation. HIPAA Academy clients include Hospitals, several State governments, including the State of Oregon, Iowa and Illinois, as well as many county governments, long term care organizations and many others.
HIPAA Certification Online offers online training and exams for the following categories of HIPAA professional certification:
HIPAA CERTIFICATION ONLINE TRAINING CURRICULUM:
- The Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP) exam validates knowledge and skills in the core areas of HIPAA Administrative Simplification legislation, Transactions and Code Sets Requirements, Privacy Requirements and Security Requirements.
- The Certified HIPAA Administratorô (CHA) exam validates knowledge and skills in the core area of HIPAA Administrative Simplification with emphasis in the Privacy Rule requirements.
HIPAA Certification Online offers the following online curriculum for HIPAA Certification:
- 101. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Background
- 102. HIPAA Certification Online: HITECH Act and the Final Rule
- 103. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Compliance. Who Has to Comply
- 104. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Penalties and Fines
- 105. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Privacy Rule
- 106. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets
- 107. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Identifiers
- 108. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Security Rule
- 109. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Administrative Safeguards
- 110. HIPAA Certification Online: Physical Safeguards, Technical Safeguards & Other Standards
Click here for a HIPAA Academy Online course sample.
This curriculum relates to the certification examinations as follows:
- Certified HIPAA Administrator (CHA): Courses 101, 102, 103, 104 and 105
- Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP): Courses 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 and 110
The HIPAA Certification Online's courses are created by national experts and special legal counsel and are designed by experienced e-learning graphic engineers. HIPAA Certification Online course curriculum emphasizes accessible graphics and succinct text. HIPAA Certification Online's courses are delivered on an advanced and flexible learning management system (LMS).
Students will be given their own home page which will set forth course assignments, report on work completed thus far and provide periodic updates on regulatory developments and other matters of interest. HIPAA Certification Online courses are designed to interest as well as inform the student and are available 24/7. Each course presents a specific body of content expressed through text and graphics. Upon the completion of the course, the student takes a brief examination to assess comprehension of the course content. Upon successful completion of the examination the student will receive a certificate of course completion.
HIPAA CERTIFICATION ONLINE REGISTRATION:
To register for HIPAA Certification Online courses or examinations go to www.hipaacertificationonline.com/registration.html, call 888-228-5021 or email registration@HIPAACertificationOnline.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: